Saturday 14 April 2012


When thinking of a new idea for a logo that would go well with the font i had chose I remembered an idea I had done previously of trying to make the letters look like the object which came from the figure 5 photography logo I had seen in my research. When initially trying this idea i used capitals and was mainly trying for the "M" to look like some sort of handle and for the rest to hopefully follow. This didn't workout and i therefore ditched the idea early not realising i would find a font perfect for the idea. When i went back to the idea and started again i used the perfect roundness of the b and e to create what looks like the speakers and the m in the middle no longer had to be a handle which meant the logo could just flow. I added the handle to make it clear what the intent of the logo was and curved all the edges except the b to add a bit of style to it. I didnt want to over complicate the logo and left it rather simple to keep the modern ness of it .I added a few highlights underneath to curved letters to emphasise the letters and add a small bit of detailing without going over the top.This idea was now definitely going to be used in my final design. The two capital letter logo's were the ones i used initially before i found the font i was going to use and i thought they were all-right at the time i just didn't believe it represented anything it was supposed to but it seems to look a lot better after i changed the font and design.


No comments:

Post a Comment